SURGISPON™ is non-toxic, non-immunogenic, non-allergenic, non-pyrogenic and biocompatible surgical haemostatic sponge. It is manufactured using from highly purified first extract grade gelatin material to use in various surgical procedures. SURGISPON™ is similar to Cutanplast, Spongostan, Abgel, Gelspon, Equispon, Curaspon, Gelitaspon, Vetspon, Willospon, Surgispon, Safespon, Surgifoam, Spongostan Dental, Spongostan Standard, Hemospon. SURGISPON™ can easily absorb about 40-50 times and adhere to the bleeding place. The consistent porosity of SURGISPON™ promises favorable haemostatic.
When fixed in vivo, it is totally absorbed in 3-4 weeks. SURGISPON™ gelatin sponge has a porous arrangement that activates the thrombocytes when blood comes in contact with sponge matrix. This leads to the release of substances that encourage aggregation as the surfaces vary character, therefore allowing them to perform like a catalyst for the creation of the fibrin.
SURGISPON™ DIRECTIONS TO USE:
Always use disinfected technique to remove SURGISPON™ Sterile Sponge from packaging. Cut it to the preferred size either dry or drenched with sterile, isotonic sodium chloride solution (sterile saline) and apply directly to the bleeding site with pressure.
To apply dry, use a single piece of SURGISPON™ manually to the bleeding site. Hold it with moderate pressure till homeostasis results.
To apply sterile saline, immerse SURGISPON™ in the solution and squeeze between gloved fingers to eject air bubbles. Then replaced it in saline. It should be returned to original size with juts a slight increase in thickness and form within the solution. If this does not happen, remove it again and knead strongly until the air is completely expelled and it expands to its original size.
If it sued wet, it can blotted to dampness before application. Always hold it with moderate pressure with a cotton or small gauze sponge. Wetting pledget or gauze with sterile saline makes their removal easy that also prevent the pulling of SURGISPON™ .
Using suction over the cotton or gauze to draw blood into the SURGISPON™ is needless, as SURGISPON™ draws up sufficient blood through capillary action. SURGISPON™ usually controls bleeding, but if it does not, extra applications may be done. Use fresh pieces only in the minimum amount, cut it to suitable size. The SURGISPON™ might be left at the bleeding site, if necessary. Since
SURGISPON™ leads to more cellular reaction; the wound is closed over it.
SURGISPON™ can be successfully used in a variety of surgeries such as:
- Dental Surgery: SURGISPON™ is used in dental surgery either dry or saturated with thrombin solution that control bleeding in extractions and apicenctomics.
- Malignancy: SURGISPON™ that is moistened with physiological salt solution or thrombin solution can stop bleeding from tumor beds following section or from tumor beds after enucleation.
- Abdominal Surgery: SURGISPON™ is used in Abdominal Surgery as dry, saturated with physiological salt solution or thrombin solution. It stops bleeding of the denuded visceral surfaces of the liver, gall bladder, and spleen.
- Orthopedic Surgery: Moistened SURGISPON™ in physiological salt solution or thrombin solution is used in Orthopedic Surgery to control bleeding from the bone tissues. It does not obstruct the healing process with its readily absorbed feature.
- Neuro Surgery: Moistened SURGISPON™ with thrombin solution is highly effective in healing torn Dural venous sinuses in stopping oozing from the dura under the bone flap edges to control bleeding in herniated disc operation, in osseous bleeding and epidural bleeding in laminectomy.
- Genito- Urinary Surgery: SURGISPON™ controls the bleeding in Genito- Urinary Surgery without any interfere with the curing process.
- Anorectal Surgery: SURGISPON™ is tolerated as a haemostatic dressing to control anal bleeding during plastic of an imperforate anus, and subsequently hemorrhoidectomy and fistula operations.
- Gynecological Surgery: SURGISPON™ control bleeding during veginal plastic operations, cervical amputation, extensive pelvic dissections, biopsy and secondary bleeding after abdominal hysterectomy.
- Otolaryngological Surgery: Saturated SURGISPON™ with physiological salt solution eradicates post operative bleeding in sub mucous resections. Place SURGISPON™ in the nose and hold for a few seconds to prevent bleeding and removing nasal polyps. The same process can also be utilized to control bleeding after adenoidectomy, sinus operations, and tonsillectomy.